If you have ever dreamed of owning your own home, Starkville Area Habitat for Humanity may be able to help.
All applicants must be:
- Low to moderate income – (under $31,000 for a family of four)
- Need a better place to live
- Have enough income to make a house payment
- Willing to work hard to make a better life for themselves and their family.
- Oktibbeha County Residents for one year
Applications are taken throughout the year. A family selection committee meets once or twice a year and will review the applications and select a few to interview. Although everyone deserves a decent place to live, we can only provide housing for two or three families a year out of more than fifty applications that we receive each year.
All habitat partners are required to:
- Take three life improvement classes at Emerson Family School
- Contribute 300 hours of “sweat equity” towards the construction of your house.
- Repay an interest free mortgage to cover the cost of building your house.
- Submit to a credit check including employment and criminal background checks.